People de follow people o oh! And I’m not talking about social media! Never underestimate your influence! Some people wey you wan copy de copy you too! Even people who publicly disdain you, sometimes, still learn from you! Every person is more influential than he/she can estimate!
Influence is much more pronounced when you’re in a place of authority or leadership over others. When you are a frontliner, others line up behind you. Parents, teachers, preachers, politicians, athletes, entertainers etc. we get followers o oh!
1. A LEADERS ERROR IS A LEADING ERROR! Whether it is a word, action or omission error, it matters. People take it as the right way because a ‘successful’ person went that way. Always remember that you’re someone’s role model!
2. The ENVIRONMENT OF OUR HOMES have foundational influence over our children! Children learn by imitation. Some learning are subconsciously internalized & often pop up in adulthood, like ‘out of nowhere’! Angry husband & nagging wife, take am sofly-sofri for our children sake!
3. That a preacher is successful doesn’t mean everything he/she does is correct. Sometimes, it is just mercy & grace that covers for our weaknesses. HUMBLE YOURSELF & admit it, when you foul things up. Refuse the temptation to make your mistake the new pathway, just because followers seem to lap up your every doctrine!
4. Kai! Some young people de actually practice wetin we de yarn for MUSIC LYRICS oh! Some people think say our MOVIE STORYLINES de help motivate this naija ritual murder wahala! Even our NOW-NOW PREACHING fit ginger people wrong! Yes, we no cause am, but we fit de contribute! Hmmm! Jehovah helep us to be ‘carefuler’!
5. It is easy to NORMALIZE DEVIANCE when influencers keep disobeying rules. Watch BIG MEN run against traffic & see if taxi drivers no go follow! Abeg naah, make we try small! God has gifted us with influence & we must steward it well!
6. And NOW you wey de follow, na only sensor you get? Abeg get sense add too! No be everything you see for CNN, MTV & Social Media you go follow! No let another person use you for experiment!
Ok, make i hammer you one apostle-epistle;
“Do not be fooled. “Bad companions ruin good character.”
“Come back to your right senses and stop your sinful ways. I declare to your shame that some of you do not know God.”1 Cor 15:33-34 (GNT)
Na true oh! The main solution to this wrong influence stuff, is to know GOD & his ways for yourself! Yes, begin study Bible by yourself o oh!
Jesus Exceeds Expectations!